Half Day Kayak Tours
Come join us on a half day sea kayak tour of the Rossport Island Archipelago!
Rossport is hands down the best protected coastal wilderness paddling destination in all of the great lakes. Paddling in this northern island paradise is a fantastic wilderness adventure! Our qualified guides will enrich your experience with stories of the fascinating history of this region as you glide through the beautiful waters of the Lake Superior National Marine Conservation Area.
Our half day tours are the perfect relaxed paddle where we can explore the innermost protected islands of the archipelago. You may also wish to do the hike to the top of Quarry Island for a spectacular view of the area.
For morning tours please arrive by 9am and we will be on the water for 9:30am and off the water 1pm
For afternoon tours please arrive by 1:30pm and we will be on the water for 2pm and off the water 5:30pm
- Youth 16yrs old and under $50
- Prices subject to 13% HST
Both double and single sit in sea kayaks will be available. Please select which you would like during the booking process.
Dry suits are mandatory ($20 add-on fee) – For any day trip or expedition before June 15th and after September 15th
Wetsuits are highly recommended ($5 add-on fee) any full and half day tours in single kayaks during our peak summer season – any day from June 15th to September 15th
- Sea kayak, spray skirt, paddle, and PFD
- Kayak safety equipment (whistle, bilge pump, buoyant line)
- Immersion gear (wetsuit/paddle jacket or drysuit for early/late season, optional for summer)
- Neoprene gloves/pogies (early/late season)
- Small Dry bags 5-20L for personal items
- First Aid and Repair Kit
- Emergency extra warm clothes
Gear you will need to provide:
- Lunch and snacks
- Water bottle(s) 2-3L capacity
- Appropriate base and thermal layers top and bottom – non cotton (wool/polyester) if using a drysuit or swimsuit for under neoprene wetsuit
- Paddle clothing and footwear (neoprene booties are best but old runners with wool/neoprene socks will work. We have some if you don’t have)
- Warm change of clothes and rain gear top/bottom
- appropriate footwear for walking around the island
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses (with straps recommended)
- Waterproof sunscreen