SAND is excited to operate out of Superior Outfitters waterfront location in Rossport Ontario this season!
Come join us on one of our daily sea kayak tours of the Rossport Islands!
Rossport is hands down the best protected coastal wilderness paddling destination in all of the great lakes. Paddling in this northern island paradise is a fantastic wilderness adventure! Our qualified local guides will enrich your experience with stories of the fascinating history of this region as you glide through the beautiful waters of the Lake Superior National Marine Conservation Area.
We also run half day tours at the rate of $95/person for 4hr tour.
All kayak tours will respect physical distancing and sanitation guidelines set out by the government of Canada. Both double and single sit in sea kayaks will be available. Please let us know in advance if you have a preference
Gear Included (Please inform me if you have any of this gear you will bring yourself):
· Sea kayak (min. 13 feet in length), spray skirt, paddle, and PFD
· Kayak safety equipment (whistle, bailing device, 15m buoyant line, and re-entry device/paddle float)
· Immersion gear (wetsuit/paddle jacket or drysuit for early/late season, optional for summer)
– Neoprene gloves/pogies (early/late season)
– Dry bags 5-20L
– First Aid and Repair Kit
– Extra warm clothes
– Hypothermia Kit (emergency tarp, stove, sleeping bag etc)
Gear you will need to provide:
– Lunch and snacks
– Water bottle(s) 2-3L capacity
– Appropriate base and thermal layers top and bottom – non cotton (wool/polyester) if using a drysuit or swimsuit for under neoprene wetsuit
– Paddle clothing and footwear (neoprene booties are best but old runners with wool/neoprene socks will work. We have some if you don’t have)
– Warm change of clothes and rain gear top/bottom
– extra socks and footwear
· Hat for warmth and sun
· Waterproof sunscreen