Rossport Kayak Tours
2hr Sunset Harbour Tours
Just passing through Rossport and don’t have a lot of time? Maybe a little nervous about the big lake and would like a nice gentle introduction? Well this tour is for you! We will be offering sunset tours through the summer months. Be sure to bring some layers and wind breaker/rain jacket and water shoes. We will have some spare paddling jackets, water shoes and dry bags available if needed.
8-10pm from mid June to mid July
7-9pm from mid July to mid August
6-8pm from mid August to mid September.
- Prices subject to 13% HST
All kayak gear will be provided. No experience required. This is a really great opportunity to try kayaking!
We have both stable single and double sit in sea kayaks to choose from. Please select which you would like during the booking process.
Wetsuits are available if you would like but during our peak summer season – any day from June 15th to September 15th you will be fine in layers and jacket
Dry suits are mandatory – For any day trip or expedition before June 15th and after September 15th
- Sea kayak, spray skirt, paddle, and PFD
- Kayak safety equipment (whistle, bilge pump, buoyant line)
- Immersion gear (wetsuit/paddle jacket or drysuit for early/late season, optional for summer)
- Neoprene gloves/pogies (early/late season)
- Small Dry bags 5-20L for personal items
- First Aid and Repair Kit
- Emergency extra warm clothes
Gear you will need to provide:
- Water bottle(s) 2-3L capacity
- An extra layer and rain jacket
- appropriate footwear that can get wet
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses (with straps recommended)
- Waterproof sunscreen
If in early or late season and you will be using a drysuit:
- Appropriate base and thermal layers top and bottom – non cotton (wool/polyester) if using a drysuit or swimsuit for under neoprene wetsuit
- Paddle clothing and footwear (neoprene booties are best but old runners with wool/neoprene socks will work. We have some if you don’t have)
We will need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour and can accommodate up to 10 people per trip. We will provide some basic instruction and then we will take a tour of in and around the Rossport Harbour and nearby islands learning about some of the history of the area while keeping an eye out for wildlife! We will enjoy a beautiful sunset and magnificent views down Nipigon Bay.
If sunset time frame doesn’t work for you we can also run these shorter 2hr tours upon request in the morning, mid-day or afternoons.