Pigeon River to Silver Islet
Pigeon River to Silver Islet Sea Kayak Expedition
See Thunder Bay from a new perspective!
Experience the Neebing coast, Sibley Peninsula and islands surrounding Thunder Bay on this intermediate 6 day trip. Paddlers signing up for this program should have experience paddling in a variety of conditions and be physically able to paddle 15-30km each day. This expedition is fully catered and led by highly qualified and knowledgeable guides.
The Pigeon River to Silver Islet route offers so much but yet is seldom chosen as a paddling route.
We will travel between the mainland and the islands exploring unique wilderness beach campsites, interesting geologic features with mining relics and old mine shafts that allow us to look into the past. We will make a stop to visit and enjoy the Thompson Island sauna and a few seldom visited old lighthouse stations if the weather allows
There are several beautiful and well maintained hiking trails on some of the islands that offer spectacular vistas. There may also be an opportunity to do some hiking in Sleeping Giant Provincial Park if weather and time permit.
This trip offers some excellent island protection but also some challenging crossings with limited landings that will require a careful eye for the weather
On this trip your guides prepare all the food. You are expected to bring your own camping equipment. Kayak rental gear is available at a special expedition rate.
- All Food and Snacks From breakfast day #1 to lunch of day #6
- Two qualified and experienced guides
- vehicle/bus shuttle service
- A variety of small dry bags for group gear and food
- Topographic maps and charts of the local area
- Expedition 1st Aid Kit & Repair Kit
- Emergency Communication (VHF Radio & Inreach)
- Group Kitchen Kit (If you have your own special large mug, bowl or spork you are welcome to bring it)
- Group sanitization, kitchen cleaning kit & Toilet kit
- Some extra stuff you might have forgot
Please reach out to us if this trip is of interest to you in 2024
Please email email@example.com to inquire and we can send you our pre-trip information package.
Dates don’t work for you but you are interested in a trip like this? Please get in touch and we are happy to discuss.