Silver Islet to Rossport
Silver Islet to Rossport 7 Day Sea Kayak Expedition
The Quintessential Lake Superior Experience!
An intermediate program designed to fully enjoy the wonders of this roadless wilderness coast as we paddle from Silver Islet to Rossport over 7 days. Paddlers signing up for this program should have experience paddling in a variety of conditions and be physically able to paddle 20-30km each day. This expedition is fully catered and led by highly qualified and knowledgeable guides.
The Silver Islet to Rossport kayak journey is well known in paddler circles, with most multi-day kayakers using this route as a base for their travels. This area has been covered by a variety of paddling magazines as one of the most interesting sea kayak routes in eastern Canada. This route is ideal for those seeking a pristine wilderness experience given its natural and cultural features, relative freedom from restrictions and regulations, and relative isolation combined with a high availability of campsites. There are also a variety of amazing hidden saunas and old lighthouse stations to visit along the way.
On this trip your guides prepare all the food. You are expected to bring your own camping equipment. Kayak rental gear is available at a special expedition rate.
- All Food and Snacks From breakfast day #1 to dinner of day #5
- Two qualified and experienced guides
- Private boat shuttle services
- A variety of small dry bags for group gear and food
- Topographic maps and charts of the local area
- Expedition 1st Aid Kit & Repair Kit
- Emergency Communication (VHF Radio & Inreach)
- Group Kitchen Kit (If you have your own special large mug, bowl or spork you are welcome to bring it)
- Group sanitization, kitchen cleaning kit & Toilet kit
- Some extra stuff you might have forgot
Reach out to us to book an adventure for 2023!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire and we can send you our pre-trip information package.